YCE Heritage Campus
- The 5.5 acres purpose-built YCE Heritage Campus at Macalister Road, Penang, is centrally located and equipped with modern teaching and learning facilities to help students to realise their aspirations.
- There are two separate main buildings, heritage outside and modern inside, consisting of the Academic and Administration Block and the Learning Resource Centre.
- The Academic and Administration Block comprises a multi-purpose hall, a 3-storey block which houses lecture halls and rooms, computer, science and engineering laboratories, cafeteria, student facilities and teaching rooms. There is also a convenience store.
- Library and Educational Services consists of a well-stocked library, teaching and learning facilities.
- The needs of the disabled are also looked after with the provision of a lift, wheelchair access ramps and special toilets.
- Three well-equipped science laboratories, which are supported by experienced technical staff, for teaching Physics and Electronics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Students are given individual hands-on experience during experiment sessions.
- The Language Centre offers English language programmes for both students and adults who need to upgrade their English proficiency for academic success, social communication and professional advancement in the working world. It also caters for customised, in-house English language training packages to meet the needs of private sector organisations and companies. The purpose-designed language training schemes enable employees to speak and write English more competently and confidently.
- There is an English e-learning room which is equipped with multimedia-enabled computers and internet access to facilitate e-learning of English.
- Students have convenient access to online learning resources to bolster their language learning endeavours.
- They can also use the facility for preparing multimedia presentations for their assignments.
IT Management & Services
IT Management and Services (ITMS) is a departmental organization that provides the support necessary for the use and advancement of technology across the campus community.
The ITMS staff provides a wide variety of services and training to the DISTED College community to ensure that users are enabled to gain access to a wide variety of technological knowledge that best suits the academic needs of the campus community.
The ITMS maintains and operates the following facilities for the college:
- Maintaining classrooms and 6 computer labs for the purpose of teaching and practical work. This involves the installation of the relevant software needed and also ensuring that computers are in good working order.
- Ensuring the security of the labs by monitoring student’s usage of the computers. The centre is also servicing students with their multifarious needs for information and related help.
- Providing computers for staff and ensuring that they receive the necessary support so that they are able to use the computers for their day-to-day work.
- Maintaining servers and Internet Access.
There is ample bandwidth for accessing the Internet and any web-based applications. The college has redundant broadband and wireless PTP connections installed, and adding to these are the WiFi hotspots, to enable students and staffs to have fast and wide access to the Internet resources and communications facilities.