Through its Scholarship and Bursary Award Fund, DISTED College supports the educational aspirations of thousands of deserving students, who otherwise will not be able to afford a quality and wholesome higher education.
With support from the Wawasan Education Foundation and the Yeap Chor Ee Charitable Trust, generous awards and bursaries are provided each year by DISTED to top academic achievers, the needy and less privileged, as well as physically challenged students.
It is the mission of the College, a Not-For-Profit institution, to help and encourage students to pursue academic excellence, leading to graduates with the good knowledge, skills, and positive attributes to serve the industry and community.
Click HERE for Scholarship Application form.
- The awards and bursaries are open to all nationalities who sat for the relevant examinations and they must be new or commencing students of the programme of study.
- Only results which has a validity of 2 years or less will be recognized for any scholarship application to DISTED College.
- The awards and bursaries are given based on examination results and/or need basis. All fees must be paid in the interim.
- All awards and bursaries are only tenable for the period of study at DISTED in Penang and recipients are not allowed to hold two (2) DISTED awards or bursaries concurrently. In the event a student is qualified for more than one award, the higher award will be given.
- The awards and bursaries can only be utilized to defray the fees for the programme of the study conducted at the college and is not transferable and not redeemable for cash.
- The awards and bursaries will take effect only after the signing of the scholarship and bursary award agreement.
- Any premature withdrawal from the programme of study by the recipient will result in the immediate cessation of this award. In such case, the recipient is required to refund the college the amount of the scholarship that has been disbursed and to pay all outstanding fees due to the college within 14 days from the date of withdrawal. Any financial penalties incurred as a result of the actions or inactions of the recipient will be the sole responsibility of the recipient.
- Recipients’ parents or guardians are required to act as a guarantor in respect of the refund of your scholarship to the college and/or payment of any outstanding course fees due to the college in the event that the recipient withdraws prematurely from the course.
- Recipients must maintain continuous, full-time enrollment for the entire duration of their programme. Reduction of credit hours to less than full-time status may result in the suspension or termination of the scholarship.
- Changes in enrollment status after the commencement of the programme may affect the status of the Award. Any changes must be made in consultation with your Head of School / Programme Coordinator, notify the Scholarship Unit and to be approved by the Scholarship Committee.
- Recipients must be prepared to serve in various administrative roles for 16 hours per long semester or take part in student activities specified by DISTED, if required to do so by the college.
- All decisions of the DISTED Scholarship and Bursary Award Committee on the quantum and conditions are final and binding.
- Recipients who fail to fulfill the general criteria and conditions of the Awards and Bursaries Policy as stipulated in the student handbook may result in the suspension, termination or nullification of the scholarship and are required to refund to the college the amount of the scholarship that has been disbursed, and to pay all outstanding course fees due to the college.
- The application closing date is 10 working days from the programme commencement date. Late applications will not be accepted.
- The application form is available at the Front Office, Admissions & Records Office, and the Scholarship Unit of the college.
- Disbursement of Scholarships will be allocated equally across long semesters only.
- The Scholarship will be terminated upon completion of the normal prescribed study period of the programme enrolled in and will not extend to any additional period including resit(s) and semester abroad programmes.
- DISTED reserves the right to amend the above conditions at any time without prior notice.
a. Financed by DISTED College under 2S(self-supporting) / 3S (superior self-supporting) scheme.
b. Between RM8-RM10 per hour rate extended in appreciation of assistance rendered to DISTED by each student.
c. Open to students needing financial assistance during their education at DISTED.
1. Applicants may apply for the award and be subjected to the following criteria
- Actual SPM/IGCSE results (9 A’s and above) (A+, A, A-)
- Co-curricular activities
- Personal Statement (400 – 500 words)
- Any other outstanding personal achievement
2. DISTED reserves the right to amend the above conditions at any given time without prior notice
All candidates with 1A and above (SPM/IGCSE/UEC).
- Students will receive 20% waiver of tuition fees during the Foundation and 80% waiver of tuition fees equivalent to the tuition fees of the Foundation program during the degree program. The full waiver will equal the tuition fees after deducting all Special Rebates. All waivers will be spread out equally during long semesters only.
- Students receiving the 100% Foundation Scholarship will not be eligible for the Loyalty Reward or Performance Award when articulating into any degree programmes at DISTED.
- Only actual SPM/IGCSE/UEC results will be eligible for the scholarship.