Through its Scholarship and Bursary Award Fund, DISTED College supports the educational aspirations of thousands of deserving students, who otherwise will not be able to afford a quality and wholesome higher education.
With support from the Wawasan Education Foundation and the Yeap Chor Ee Charitable Trust, generous awards and bursaries are provided each year by DISTED to top academic achievers, the needy and less privileged, as well as physically challenged students.
It is the mission of the College, a Not-For-Profit institution, to help and encourage students to pursue academic excellence, leading to graduates with the good knowledge, skills, and positive attributes to serve the industry and community.
Click HERE for Scholarship Application form.
- The awards and bursaries are open to all nationalities who sat for the relevant examinations and they must be new or commencing students of the programme of study.
- Only results which have a validity of 2 years or less will be recognized for any scholarship application to DISTED College.
- The awards and bursaries are given based on examination results and/or need basis. All fees must be paid in the interim.
- All awards and bursaries are only tenable for the period of study at DISTED in Penang and recipients are not allowed to hold two (2) DISTED awards or bursaries concurrently. In the event a student is qualified for more than one award, the higher award will be given.
- The awards and bursaries can only be utilized to defray the fees for the programme of the study conducted at the college and is not transferable and not redeemable for cash.
- The awards and bursaries will take effect only after the signing of the scholarship and bursary award agreement.
- Any premature withdrawal from the programme of study by the recipient will result in the immediate cessation of this award. In such a case, the recipient is required to refund the college the amount of the scholarship that has been disbursed and to pay all outstanding fees due to the college within 14 days from the date of withdrawal. Any financial penalties incurred as a result of the actions or inactions of the recipient will be the sole responsibility of the recipient.
- Recipients’ parents or guardians are required to act as a guarantor in respect of the refund of your scholarship to the college and/or payment of any outstanding course fees due to the college in the event that the recipient withdraws prematurely from the course.
- Recipients must maintain continuous, full-time enrollment for the entire duration of their programme. Reduction of credit hours to less than full-time status may result in the suspension or termination of the scholarship.
- Changes in enrollment status after the commencement of the programme may affect the status of the Award. Any changes must be made in consultation with your Head of School / Programme Coordinator, notify the Scholarship Unit and to be approved by the Scholarship Committee.
- Recipients must be prepared to serve in various administrative roles for 16 hours per long semester or take part in student activities specified by DISTED, if required to do so by the college.
- All decisions of the DISTED Scholarship and Bursary Award Committee on the quantum and conditions are final and binding.
- Recipients who fail to fulfill the general criteria and conditions of the Awards and Bursaries Policy as stipulated in the student handbook may result in the suspension, termination or nullification of the scholarship and are required to refund to the college the amount of the scholarship that has been disbursed, and to pay all outstanding course fees due to the college.
- The application closing date is 10 working days from the programme commencement date. Late applications will not be accepted.
- The application form is available at the Front Office, Admissions & Records Office, and the Scholarship Unit of the college.
- Disbursement of Scholarships will be allocated equally across long semesters only.
- Recipients of any scholarship from the Diploma/Degree programmes must achieve a minimum CGPA every semester as stipulated in the tables above to maintain the scholarship.
- The Scholarship will be terminated upon completion of the normal prescribed study period of the programme enrolled in and will not extend to any additional period including resit(s), semester abroad programmes.
- DISTED reserves the right to amend the above conditions at any given time without prior notice.
- Should students switch from 12 months to 18 months in their Pre-University programme, there will be no upgrade in the award.
- Should students switch from 18 months to 12 months in their Pre-University programme, the award will be downgraded accordingly.
- The diploma tuition fee waiver will be disbursed over the long semesters only.
Terms and Conditions
- This scholarship is applicable to citizens and permanent residents of Malaysia only.
- The applicant must be a registered student of DISTED College.
- The FULL Scholarship application deadline is 24th April 2020.
- Applicants with 10A+ (SPM/IGCSE only) and above will be awarded the FULL scholarship by providing evidence of their results without undergoing any interview or assessment. Only results of the most recent sitting will be considered.
- Other applicants may apply for the award and be subjected to the following criteria:
- Actual SPM/IGCSE results (9 A’s and above) (A+, A, A-)
- Co-curricular activities
- Personal Statement (400 – 500 words)
- Any other outstanding personal achievement
- Only results of the most recent sitting will be considered. Applicants MUST obtain their results in only one sitting and not combine them over several examination sessions.
- The award will cover TUITION FEES and MPU FEES ONLY for the entire duration of the program.
- Should students fail to complete the program in the stipulated time, the subsequent semesters must be paid in full.
- For students in the A-level program, should the recipient choose to switch durations, the scholarship will be null and void on the subsequent semesters.
- Should students defer or switch to a new program, the scholarship will be null and void.
- Recipients of this award are NOT required to perform any compulsory duties but will be required to participate in promotional activities at the discretion of the college.
- Candidates who successfully obtain the Full Scholarship will be refunded any TUITION and MPU fees paid prior to obtaining the scholarship.
- All other conditions not stated in this T&C will adhere to the General Criteria and Conditions of the Awards and Bursaries policy.
- DISTED reserves the right to amend the above conditions at any given time without prior notice.
- The decision of the panel will be final and no disputes/appeals/objections will be entertained thereafter.
- This award is applicable for Non-DISTED students accepted into any of DISTED’s degree programmes.
- The award will be spread over the 1st two long semesters only of any degree programme at DISTED.
- Awarded to students with at least state-level representation in sports prior to joining or while studying at DISTED.
- The tuition fee waiver will be disbursed over the long semesters only.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
Criteria and Conditions:
- This scholarship is only applicable for students applying for the Diploma in Computer Science (Software Engineering stream) & Diploma in Electrical & Electronic Engineering ONLY.
- Combine parental income of RM8,000 or below. Applicants must submit the following documents for verification:
- Both parents’ payslip
- Both parents’ Income Tax Declaration
- 2 A’s and above in the recent SPM/IGCSE examinations.
- Minimum of B in Add Maths and Modern Maths
- Interview required
- Personal statement of not more than 300 words
Upon successfully obtaining the Mini-Circuits JTP Scholarship a candidate will be awarded the following:
- RM1,250 in tuition fee rebate for the first 4 long semesters (RM5,000).
- The remaining sum of RM3,000 will be disbursed upon the candidate fulfilling the following criteria:
- Complete the Bridging Program
- Complete a minimum of N2 in Japanese Language
- Gain successful entry into a Japanese University
- Selection is based on socio-economic background, academic achievements and extramural merits of students who are registered with the Social Welfare Department as individuals with disabilities.
|Programmes||Fee Waiver (for each long semester)|
- The aid is applicable to citizens and permanent residence of Malaysia ONLY.
- The aid is applicable for ALL programs at DISTED College.
- Application deadline for the aid is 15th April (Jan & March intake), 30th June (May & June intake) and 15th Oct (July, Aug, Sept intake).
- The aid is awarded up to a total of 10 deserving students.
- The aid will be awarded in the form of a tuition fee waiver during long semesters.
- Eligibility of the aid are as below:
- Has obtained admission to DISTED College
- Has not been bonded or received any form of financial assistance from any other organization
- Household income not more than RM5000.00 per month
- Parents pay slip (latest 3 months)*
- Parents Income Tax Declaration (latest 2 years)*
- 2 referees. One should be an academic able to comment on the applicant’s academic abilities while the other should be able to comment on the applicant’s financial circumstances
- Personal statement (200 – 300 words)
- To ensure that the most deserving students are selected for the scholarship, the following attributes will be considered:
- Academic achievements
- Financial standing
- Character of candidate
- Extra-curricular activities
- Leadership qualities
- Only results of the most recent sitting will be considered.
- The aid will only be applicable for TUITION FEES and MPU FEES ONLY.
- Should students defer or switch to a new program, the aid will be null and void.
- Recipients of this award are NOT required to perform any compulsory duties but will be required to participate in promotional activities at the discretion of the college