A DISTED Program creating Industry Relevant Education
- Ensure the courses are industry relevant.
- Equip graduates with well rounded skills, knowledge, value and industry experience such that they are ready to join the industry.
- Service the industry through knowledge sharing, recruitment and collaboration.
The INSPiRE (Industry Networking System Promoting Industry Relevance and Employability) initiative is to engage the industry so as to bring the students closer to the industry and its landscape and at the same time, to bring the industry into the college with the ultimate aim of moulding graduates who are ready to serve the needs of industry and community.
It emphasises five key thrust areas: Talk Series, Industry Experience, Career and Recruitment, Financial Support and Collaborations.
The programme brings industry leaders to share their professional experiences with the college’s students and staff, together with their viewpoints on collaborations, recruitment and career development. It provides inspirational opportunities to hear and interact first hand with the ‘living treasures’ of industry.
- For students to gain first-hand knowledge about industry.
- For staff to gain knowledge about new industry practices and requirements so as to ensure industry relevance.
- To share academic knowledge and ideas with partners.
- To identify potential collaboration opportunities.
- Lunch Meetings
- Evening Talks
- Student presentations and industry feedback
- For students to gain industry knowledge and experience.
- For students to establish industry network and contacts.
- For partners to serve community through involvement in education and training.
- To provide partners opportunities to train and evaluate potential candidates.
- Vocational training
- Industrial training
- Visit / tour
- To assist students in search for employment.
- To facilitate recruitment process of our partners.
- To assist partners in filling temporary employment gap.
- Centre for Career / Recruitment
- Career Week
- Resume preparation
- Grooming & interview techniques
- Career talks
- For partners to contribute to community by offering financial support to deserving students.
- To provide opportunity for further education to need based and merit based students.
- Awards and prizes
- To foster win-win relationships between DISTED and industry partners.
- To share academic knowledge and industry practices.
- To commercialise academic ideas.
- Industry Advisory Panel
For enquiries and feedback, please contact:
Mr Khor Tze Ping
INSPiRE Project Head