A DISTED Program creating a Caring Community Culture
- To bring the academia and community closer, aligned in thoughts and actions towards self-directed community care.
- To sensitise DISTED students to environmental, social and scientific issues that affect us all.
- To sensitise and engage the community on issues faced by young people.
- To help DISTED students to cultivate social responsibility as well as to learn, live, thrive and achieve in more meaningful ways.
- To create a culture of community commitment emphasizing respect for things, establishments and occasions.
This programme aims to create a caring community culture through four main functions: Talks and Seminars, Joint Projects, Support of Charities and Volunteerism.
It seeks to bring the academia and community closer, aligned in thoughts and actions towards self-directed community care.
As such, the CONNECT programme has a two-prong role of sensitising DISTED students to environmental, social and scientific issues that affect society, and engaging the community on issues faced by young people.
By cultivating social responsibility and community commitment through practical exposure and involvement, the programme builds a college community which is respectful of things, establishments and occasions as well as inspired to learn, live, thrive and achieve in more meaningful ways.
- To foster greater consciousness of community spirit and social responsibility among students.
- To bring in community champions to share personal experiences and current issues for students to gain clearer perspectives on the challenges and the social involvement needed in building a better community.
- To identify potential collaboration opportunities with persons and organizations of similar aspirations.
- Students Voices
- Community In Touch
- To foster win-win relationships between DISTED and community partners (schools, industries, companies and NGOs) by developing joint organization and corporate responsibility outreach programmes for the good of society.
- To incubate and share ideas, and initiate activities to actualize care and concern for the community and the environment.
- Joint outreach projects with external organizations
- Skills and knowledge enabling training
- Research on social issues
- Consultancy for the less fortunate
- Sponsorships of social responsibility projects
- To provide a public good by encouraging our students and staff to engage in charitable, philanthropic and community services and actions.
- To help create a more caring community through participative linkage with action groups.
- To make a positive difference in the lives of those in need.
- Facilities provision
- Volunteering services
- To instill altruistic and volunteering mindset for socially meaningful actions.
- To support and contribute to generic and skill-based community help services.
- To allow students and staff to augment personal growth and professional development through experiences in volunteering.
- Care for the environment
- Care for community health
- Care for community education
- Care for people development
- Care for the aged, disabled and special-need children
- Volunteering tours
For enquiries and feedback, please contact: