- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Master’s Degree, Law or equivalent.
- Required language(s): English.
- Full-Time position(s) available.
- Good interpersonal and Communication Skills.
- Good proficiency in the English Language
Events Management Lecturer
2 positions available
Closing date: 31st March 2017
Main duties and responsibilities:
To contribute to the successful design, delivery and development of curricula within the subject area. To carry out research, teaching and administration within the Department, especially in the area of events management. To ensure that students are provided with a relevant and stimulating range of learning opportunities and experiences within the subject area, consistent with their overall objectives.
Typical work activities
- To teach in areas allocated by the Head of School and reviewed from time to time by the Head of School.
- To carry out research and produce publications, or other research outputs, in line with personal objectives agreed in the Staff review process.
- To contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum.
- To assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of work and maintaining records to monitor student progress, achievement and attendance.
- To participate in departmental and faculty seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department.
- To participate in the development, administration and marking of exams and other assessments.
- To provide pastoral care and support to students.
- To participate in the administration of the department’s programmes of study and other activities as requested.
- To maintain own continuing professional development.
- To market and promote the programmes in road show, open day and education fair.
- To carry out talks and related activities with students in relation to marketing.
Knowledge and skills
- The person should have excellent organizational skills and leadership qualities.
- Must have a strong knowledge of the subject area combined with a broad subject background enabling contributions to teaching programmes.
- Must the ability to be creative and innovative.
- Must be able to perform multi-tasking.
- Should be enthusiastic about the work and work related challenges.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Must hold a minimum of a Master in Event Management.
- Preferably with a minimum of 2 years work experience in events management.
- 2 positions available