- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Master’s Degree, Law or equivalent.
- Required language(s): English.
- Full-Time position(s) available.
- Good interpersonal and Communication Skills.
- Good proficiency in the English Language
Events Management Lecturer
2 positions available
Closing date: 31st March 2017
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To contribute to the successful design, delivery and development of curricula within the subject area.
- To carry out research, teaching and administration within the Department, especially in the area of events management.
- To ensure that students are provided with a relevant and stimulating range of learning opportunities and experiences within the subject area, consistent with their overall objectives.
Typical work activities
- To teach in areas allocated by the Head of School and reviewed from time to time by the Head of School.
- To carry out research and produce publications, or other research outputs, in line with personal objectives agreed in the Staff review process.
- To contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum.
- To assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of work and maintaining records to monitor student progress, achievement and attendance.
- To participate in departmental and faculty seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department.
- To participate in the development, administration and marking of exams and other assessments.
- To provide pastoral care and support to students.
- To participate in the administration of the department’s programmes of study and other activities as requested.
- To maintain own continuing professional development.
- To market and promote the programmes in road show, open day and education fair.
- To carry out talks and related activities with students in relation to marketing.
Knowledge and skills
- The person should have excellent organizational skills and leadership qualities.
- Must have a strong knowledge of the subject area combined with a broad subject background enabling contributions to teaching programmes.
- Must the ability to be creative and innovative.
- Must be able to perform multi-tasking.
- Should be enthusiastic about the work and work related challenges.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Must hold a minimum of a Master in Event Management.
- Preferably with a minimum of 2 years work experience in events management.
- 2 positions available